THE GUILLEN FAMILY

Friday, July 24, 2009

Minor Accident

On Wednesday I went out with the kids in the evening to visit my parents but they were not home so I decided to go the store. The reason being was that we had been all day at home because Braden has been sick, so I needed a break from the house and the kids too. Jorge had gone to a friends house to practice some guitar so I was alone with the kids. We arrived at the store and after looking at some stuff we headed out, got inside our car and I started to move forward and turned to the left when I hit a pole that I did not see at all. I know that I checked to see if cars where coming, no cars where coming so I started moving and hit the yellow pole with a handicap sign on it. Now the driver side door is dented and has yellow paint on it. I took the car to the Insurance to do an estimate and to the body shop, the total cost is 2,280 but I will only pay the deductible. It will take 1 week to complete the repairs because they will need to replace the whole door and repaint that side of the car. I know these things happen but it is still frustrating. Now I can say that our Insurance company is very nice and fast with their claims process. Here are some pictures that I took of the damage.

2 comments:

Jed and Rebecca said...

OH NO WAY! That makes me so sad! Once it is fixed and paid off...you can just forget all about it though! And at least no one was hurt!

Lulu said...

Dang, that sucks! Especially that it's a new car. I hate when things like that happen.
I'm just waiting for someone out here to just totally bash into my front or rear bumpers. Almost everything is parallel parking, and some ppl will try and stick their huge suv or too long car in a tight spot! frustrating!