THE GUILLEN FAMILY

Monday, October 5, 2009

179th General Conference

This conference was a very good one. This weekend started with me going to the temple with my parents to do some family names. The session was in spanish and it was the first time for me at a spanish session. I felt the spirit very strong while in the temple and felt very at peace. We then went to eat something. I am grateful for Jorge because he stayed home with the kids so that I could go with my mom and dad to the temple and help them out with our family names.
Saturdays conference session was great with the news of the building of more temples, specially another one here in Brigham city, Utah. My prediction is that every year they are going to be announcing more temples here in utah. So in a couple of years we will have another open house and temple dedication we can go to. What wonderful news. The talks were very special to me, I felt the spirit testify to me of the truthfulness of our gospel over and over again. I think I had tears in my eyes through out the whole time. That is how powerful the speakers were.
Sunday's session was wonderful as well very interesting topics which I loved. Sister Ann Dibbs talk about holding to the iron rod was one of my favorites, and Elder Hollands talk about the Book Of Mormom, his testimony was very impressive the way he talked and testified of our dear Book of Mormom and Joseph Smith's sacrifice for this book. All in all the talks were very edifying to the my spirit. I really enjoyed this weekend with my family at home.

1 comment:

Ariana said...

I LOVED Elder Holland's talk. LOVED IT! Such power and conviction behind it. It's true, how could you NOT believe the Book of Mormon to be true? Wow. Our apostles are amazing.