THE GUILLEN FAMILY

Monday, August 3, 2009

Apricot Jam




This last saturday I made some Apricot Jam. A friend of mine had some apricots left over from when she made jam and told me I could have them. So I went to get them from her house and decided,to make some and try it out for the first time. My mom years ago canned alot so she had all the supplies necessary to can. Therefore I didn't need to spend money on any of that. I got all the supplies from her and just bought a casa of jars and lids and off I went into my canning world. I did everything the recipe indicated and it all turned out great. Today I opened one of the jars and ate toast with fresh apricot jam on it. It was delicious. I am so excited to continue canning salsa, tomatoes and anything else that comes my way.

3 comments:

Jed and Rebecca said...

You are such a cute little homemaker! I miss you in YW!

Jen said...

If you ever (in the future) need apricots, let me know, my parents gave away 5 cases - they just can't use them!

Yadira said...

Rebecca, I miss you too! we need to get together and talk.