THE GUILLEN FAMILY

Monday, April 20, 2009

Personal Progress

Yesterday I officially started my own "Personal Progress" experience as a leader. I had the priviledge of receiving the Young Women Recognition Award when I was in Young Women and now I have committed my time to do it once again as a leader. Now that I have been in this calling for 2 yrs. I can do it and set an example for the girls. I am way excited, I have completed two experiences under Faith and have the project idea, I just need to finish the experiences first though. I guess with our new presidency I have gotten more motivation. I have been going with Anne our 2nd counselor over beehives to the new beehives homes and have been introducing the Personal Progress to them and their parents and it has been a neat experience. Also in the Young Women broadcast the General presidency challenged the leaders to do the value "Virtue" which is a new value that was introduced in the beginning of this year. So I also received the motivation from our dear General Young Women Presidency. I hope I can keep up with it and finish it.

4 comments:

Lulu said...

That's great! Going to the parents house and explaining it to them as well as the girls is a great idea! That way the parents help out and support; and know what's going on.
My ward has one Young Women and like 3 Young Men. We have TONS of Primary kids and Nursery kids. lol
So every Sunday, The Young Woman and her counselor/teacher will go into the RS and we all will say the YW Theme w/ her. lol. That's Jersey City for ya.
Anyway, Keep up the good work!

Ann said...

I keep saying I am going to start mine as well. However, I just haven't done it yet. You are an inspiration!

Mariann said...

Good Luck!! That is a lot of work but I know you can do it and will love the experiences you will have.

Yadira said...

Thanks all of you for the support it makes me feel very good.