THE GUILLEN FAMILY

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Polycistic Ovarian Syndrome

Since I was married I have had irregular periods and I was then diagnosed with "Polycystic Ovarian syndrome". I had cysts in my ovaries that wouldn't let me have normal periods and it was hard to conceive. Last year I also had irregular periods, I had a total of 5 periods and now I am going through the same thing. I suspected that I again had this but had waited. Today I went to my Doctor and he said that this is a condition that does not go away but that it can be treated so that the hormone levels and insulin levels of the body can be normal. This Syndrome affect alot of things: weight gain, difficulty lossing weight, months and months of a period and on and on symptoms. This explains alot of thing with me. Lately I have been trying to loose weight and haven't been successful, now I know the reason behind this, also I have gained some weight lately. I hope the medication that the doctor put me on works so that I can shed some pounds and get this thing under control.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yadira,
I also have PCOS. I was wondering what meds your docter put you on. I have also tried to lose weight. I can lose about 5 then nothing and it usually will come back plus the other wonderful things that come with it.