THE GUILLEN FAMILY

Friday, September 25, 2009

Fall!!!

My house is ready for the welcoming of FALL. Alot of people I know love this season and I do to. I love to get pumpkins and all my decorations out. This is were I start to decorate for the holidays because once winter comes you just change your decorations over to christmas and it keeps going. I love the smell of autumn scents in my house. Today I put a new scentsy block in the warmer and Braden says "Mom, it smells like pumpkin cookies" I said yes it does, but it's not because I am baking any its a new scent. He was a little disappointed. I know that this year I need to try to bake Pumpkin Chocolate chip cookies, we love those and I have never tried to make them before.

Life has kept us busy, now that Kaylee and Braden are both in school instead of feeling more relaxed I feel more busy. Which I like because I want to do alot for them and JOrge. That's how I feel accomplished as a mom and wife. I still work interpreting, full time mom, Primary teacher.Jorge is still working for the church and is in transition from one position to a new supervisor position, going to school and doing good, and working in his calling which keeps him busy all sunday. The kids are learning alot and growing up, they make me laugh everyday with the things they say. I love them dearly.

2 comments:

Jen said...

My cousin has a good recipe for pumpkin cookies: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks)butter,
or margarine, softened

1 cup granulated sugar
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin mix
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups (12 oz pkg)
Chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts
(if desired)

Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 375ยบ, grease or spray baking sheets. Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter and sugar in a larger mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in pumpkin, eggs and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded teaspoons full onto prepared baking sheets. Bake 15-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
If you don’t have pumkin pie spice, I add the following: ½ tsp ground ginger, ¼ tsp ground cloves, 1 tsp ground cinnamon

I hope this helps -- I LOVE fall - I love it so much more than Summer, and wish It was longer - I love when the leaves change, and all the fun things about autumn!

Yadira said...

Thanks Jen, I will definately try it out. And will let you know how it turns out.