THE GUILLEN FAMILY

Monday, September 14, 2009

SALSA



This last saturday I took the determination to make salsa and can it for our food storage. I want to say that it was hard work but it was worth it. It turned out very good, the only thing though is that I didn't want it too hot so It ended up very mild. Next time I will need to add more hot chiles it seems that when its is cooking the hotness dies down. But it still tastes very delicious. I am so proud of myself for taking this hobbie of canning, I though it would be harder but it just takes time and practice. So far I have made Apricot Jam, Spagetti Sauce, and Salsa next I want to do peaches before the end of the season.

1 comment:

Jed and Rebecca said...

Yadira, you are so talented! I am so impressed with how much canning you have done this summer!