THE GUILLEN FAMILY

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Kaylee's Birthday party






On saturday we celebrated Kaylee's birthday with the family. I made the cake, which took me 2 days to make. And for any of you that would ever want to try making a fondant cake? Its harder that it looks. Making the fondant is easy the hard part is flatting it out on the counter and then grabbing it and putting it over the cake. So many things can happen while transfering it from counter to cake. But it turned out as good as it can be for a beginner. It is my first cake with fondant. We had a great time with family, we always do. Lately we have had so many family activities that its just doesn't feel right if we are not together. We laugh and joke alot and it makes up for a great time.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

The cake turned out great. Good job!!!

zeebee said...

I have heard from several people that fondant is so hard! I can't believe that my sister did that for my wedding cake. Yours turned out awesome, I love the colors!