THE GUILLEN FAMILY

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Celebrations!

Christmas Eve we got together at my sisters house. We ate some Puerto Rican food that consisted of Rice with Gandules, Salad, Roasted Lamb and for dessert: Arroz con Dulce and Majarete (Rice pudding). We really enjoyed the food. After dinner we went down to my sisters basement for a spiritual thought that my parents had prepared about the True meaning of christmas and we each shared an experience of our most memorable christmas. We then proceded to play Bingo, each person that won Bingo would get a small prize. After the game we danced for alittle bit and then talked till 12:30am. Christmas Day we had everyone over our house for our traditional christmas breakfast. I made homemade pancakes, with maple syrup, fruit salad, hot chocolate, bacon and juice. Everyone loved the breakfast. We then opened presents and played with the kids, and talked some more. Later in the day we all went out to eat chinese food(the only restaurant open on christmas day). We had a great christmas and I think our family became even closer.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Sounds like your christmas was a success! -- PS : I LOVE rice pudding also! :) - the pics of your kids in nativity costumes are so cute!

Ariana said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I'm glad you had such a nice holiday. We had a lovely one as well, completed by a beautiful snow! I'm sad they are over, as always, but I'm glad it was such a good year.