THE GUILLEN FAMILY

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Chocolate Chip Bars



Today I baked some chocolate chip bars. This is a recipe that I have made several times before. The recipe is at the back of Hershey chocolate chips bags. It is a cookie recipe but it has instructions on how to make them bars. It is the same exact recipe just that instead of cookies you spread the mix on a jellyroll sheet and bake for 20 minutes, then cool and cut into squares. We love this recipe and I have made some variations with the ingredients to make them alittle healthier. Instead of pure white sugar I blend sugar with splenda and also instead of white flour I use whole wheat flour mixed with some white flour. Really, you cannot taste the difference.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Those look so yummy! -- I love replacing things with better ingredients! -- Also: I haven't forgotten to do your blog design, but I really love the one you have now -- so I will create one for after Valentine's day.

Lulu said...

yum yum yum yum....delicioso!
wow, they look soo good. I'm gonna have to try and make them.
luv your blog.

Yadira said...

Thanks Jen, I will be waiting on the blog to see what you can create for it.

Ariana said...

Those do look absolutely delicious. Thanks again for coming tonight. You and your family are so important to us and it meant a lot to have you there.