THE GUILLEN FAMILY

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Activities

This coming school year, I have decided that i want to teach the basics to my kids at home. Kaylee turns 5 years old but she needs to wait 1 more year to go to Kindergarden. So, since she's had 1 year of preschool I'am going to invest some time with both Kaylee and Braden and teach them a couple of things starting in September. What we did hear was a preview of what we will be doing. On monday I got into the PBS Kids website and found alot of ideas and fun activities, I printed some pages and we decided to make homemade finger paints (they weren't the best but the kids had fun and that's the important part). We all helped out and the finished product looked cool. By the time we were done the paint was very hot because you have to cook it on the stove top. The kids ended up painting with it the next day when it was cold. But one of the drawbacks was that it became like a gel and it was hard to paint with it. Needless to say it was a fun project.

1 comment:

zeebee said...

That sounds like so much fun, I bet your kids loved it. That is great that you are not afraid of letting them get messy. Let me know if you have any good ideas for teaching letters. Did I tell you I love your new blog look? it is so cute. Why did you go private?