THE GUILLEN FAMILY

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Braden is Potty Trained!!!!



Yesterday was the day that suddenly I felt the need to start "POttyTRainig" braden for the 10th time (literally). And to my surprise he wokeup all dry. So I thought, "Well he will need to go soon because in the mornings we all have to pee", right. At first he was reluctant to go, but on the second try he did it!! Just a little bit. And then after he put some underwear on he came back saying, "MOm I need to go again", so there he was sitting on his potty for the second time in 5 minutes and this time he really emptied his bladder. I was so happy I screamed. Finally!!! So through out the day he did just fine he didn't have any accidents. And when naptime came I put a pull up on and he fell asleep and he wokeup all dry. I was very happy. The big test was going to be overnight. But this morning he woke up all dry. And just about 1 minute ago he told me "MOM potty, potty. And he just did it like a pro. I made a chart for him and he gets stickers each time he goes. I told him when he is all done pottytraining and fillingup the chart we would take him to the Zoo. (This was an idea I read on my friend Susan' blog, she did the same thing for her little boy). The best part is Braden was running out of diapers and now that he is trained I don't have tons of diapers left and I don't have to buy anymore diapers in my whole life.
Jorge even brought him a gift. A cute little chevron car.

3 comments:

Ariana said...

Good Job Braden! I still am having trouble with Forrest at night, but apparently he woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom on his own. He's been potty-trained during the day for over a year and a half, just not at night. How did you get it to work with Braden?

Mariann said...

WAHOO!! Braden you are awsome! Congratulations Yadira you don't have to change diapers anymore! That day seems really really far away for us right now.

suefoutz said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you, funny the things that make you smile when you are a mom. I cannot believe he was dry all night it took Ben three more months before he wore underwear to bed. What a smart boy you have.