THE GUILLEN FAMILY

Saturday, October 4, 2008

General Conference Weekend





On saturday early in the morning Jorge, Denise (my mother in law), and myself went to General Conference. We arrived with plenty of time to sit and relax and look at the people coming and going in the Conference center. It literally looked like and airport. We went inside and reserved our seats and I went outside to wait for Jorge, because he left me and my mother in law infront of the conference center to park the car. Finally he arrived at the door and we went inside within minutes of starting. We stood up as President Monson and his counselors walked in. The spirit was so strong as the 1st session of conference started. Pres. Monson was presiding and he was the first speaker and he announced the 5 new temples that will start construction in the next year. Canada, Argentina, Philadelphia, Kansas, and Italy. The spirit was felt so strong when he made this announcement that I was teary eyed. The speakers and the messages shared where awesome. I'am so glad and grateful that my sister was willing to babysit my kids so that we could go and enjoy the conference and be feed spiritually.


Right now all the ladies from my family are spending time together in my house while the men are in priesthood conference. We are eating Pizza, yummy muffins and just talking and having a good time.

No comments: