THE GUILLEN FAMILY

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Boring Days






My blog doesn't seem to have to many fun posts. I have fallen into the routine with my kids of staying home more opposed to going out alot. They like to stay home and have Preschool time. Preschool time is the time that I sit with them and go over the alphabet and the numbers and then we talk about what day of the week it is and then they do 1,2 or 3 pgs of workbooks that I bought them according to their ages and they love it. We have show and tell on Wednesdays. And we do some crafty things at least once a week. There are days that we need to run errands and we don't have time for preschool time but its good for them to have a break. In my ward there are so many kids and stay at home moms that the relief society president has arranged a Toddler Time were we can take our kids to and they get to sing, read books, play for about 1 hour each wednesday morning. And it's been fun to sit and relax while the kids play and I can chat with other moms. Today Kaylee had her 5yrs old check up and she got some kindergarden shots and an eye exam. Even though she doesn't get to go to school this year she will be set for next year. Yes, she isn't in school because she misses the deadline by 1, yes I know 1 lousy day. So she is stuck with me for 1 more year. I put her in preschool last year and she loved it and knows how to write her name and last name and the alphabet, ect...So during preschool time I just reinforce those things and hopefully she will learn how to read sooner. Braden is really good with learning. He knows his alphabet, count to 10, colors, shapes. He loves to learn. I took some pictures of kaylee this morning she didn't want to go to the DR. so she was being lazy getting ready and so she layed down in the hallway with her blanket. I wish we had more things to do here in Syracuse. Evryhting fun is faraway and I'am lazy to drive far. We have done everything that is close to us and need new things to do .


I'am posting some pictures that are 1 week old. We were bored and so Braden tried on a Gabriella Wig that kaylee got for her birthday. As gabriella from High school musical. She got the full costume for her to wear for halloween. These are funny so you will laugh.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

She missed by one day!? - Bummer! -- The good thing is that she will do really well when it comes time to start!- it is so fun that you have a ward kid day -- Also : The pics of Brayden are hilarious!

suefoutz said...

Our days are about the same. Nothing to exciting but the kids do look forward to Thursdays when we dont run errands and get to go the the Library for story time. I thought I was the only lazy mom, we should get our lazy rear ends together and let our kids have some fun.

zeebee said...

I love that wig! so funny, can't wait to see the full costume. I can't believe ONE lousy day and she missed the deadline. That is so cool that you are doing "preschool time",though.