THE GUILLEN FAMILY

Saturday, September 27, 2008

The things that kids say!!!

Today I read my friend, Zildy's blog and she had some cute stories about the things that her kids say and do. So that gave me an idea of yet another post.

Some of you know that I lost a baby girl 6 yrs ago. She was a stillbirth and this was before I had Kaylee. Lately, I have been teaching my kids about the Resurrection and the Second coming of our Lord Jesuschrist. And I told them that when Brianna (that's our baby girls name) is resurrected we will be able to have her and raise her together. So Kaylee says,"Mami, well that's going to be our baby and that's it". She says that because I don't think we will be having anymore kids because of the high risk in my pregnancies. So she says that, that will be our baby. On another occasion they have asked me "When is Jesus coming?". They both share their opinions about it and they want to meet him and hug him.

I'm happy to know that even if my kids are still small and do not understand that well these two concept of the gospel I can rest assure that their little testimonies are growing. And I'm so happy to know that their primary teachers are doing their jobs in teaching them these principles of the Gospel and that at home Jorge and me can continue with these important lessons of the gospel and the example that we give them when they see us praying, reading our scriptures, preparing our lessons, paying our tithing, going to the temple, etc.... These are just thoughts I had in my head of how great our gospel is and how simple it is to understand if we have faith and if we have the spirit with us.

3 comments:

Jed and Rebecca said...

Yadira, You are such a good mom! And such a good example to your children! I remember your first sweet baby, she was beautiful, and I remember thinking you were an amazing person to be able to have such a strong faith/testimony of the resurrection! Thank you for being so wonderful!

Jenny said...

I am alway so impressed with the way you teach your children! I can't imagine the pain of loosing a child, but it must be a great reassurance that you WILL be able to hold and hug and raise your baby girl in the next life!

Ariana said...

I enjoyed that post quite a lot. It brought tears to my eyes. You have an amazing family, do you know that? I just love you guys.