THE GUILLEN FAMILY

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Relief Society Broadcast

On Saturday I had the privilege of going to the RS Broadcast with my mom. It was a great spiritual up lifter. Sister Julie B. Beck talked about the 3 responsibilities that we have as women of the church.
1. Increase our Faith
2. Strengthen family and home. It is our duty to defend and practice the truths from "Family" A Proclamation to the World.
3.Serve the Lord and his children. We can do his work here on earth if we seek and ask for revelation.

I took notes that's the reason why I remembered. Sister Silvia H. Allred talked about temple worship and she related several experiences that she had when she lived in Costa Rica. Me and my family went through a similar experience when my parents decided they wanted to go through the temple and be sealed for eternity. I was about 3 yrs old when we sacrificed alot of things so that we could attend the Washington D.C temple. It was the closest temple to Puerto Rico at that time.
Sister Barbara Thompson talked about the Relief that the sisters from Relief Society give to each other and to others. She counseled that we should devote ourselves to RS in service and that we need to participate in RS. RS is not just a class on Sundays. Its an organization that Lord has created for the women of the church.
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf talked about that some sisters undervalue their abilities. They see what they are lacking and not what they have accomplished.

I really liked these talks. They really did a good job in instructing us. I'm looking forward to General conference next weekend. Iam excited cause we will be attending the 1st Saturday session in the conference center.

1 comment:

Jed and Rebecca said...

I love the RS session each September and was bumbed this year that I had to work and missed it ( stupid job ) so thank you for the mini updated. I am going to go read the talks!!