THE GUILLEN FAMILY

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Santa Mail!





On Monday the kids and I wrote letters to Santa. I saw on a Macy's commercial that they were going to have a big Mail Box at their store locations for kids to drop their santa letters and for every letter they get the store will donate $1.00 to the make-a-wish foundation. Macy's will even deliver the letters to the postoffice so that they can be mailed to the North Pole. So after watching this commercial I decided to have the kids write their letters. Ofcourse I was the one that wrote them and they decorated them and put stickers on them and they would just tell me what to write and what toys they want for Christmas. It's a great idea because now I kind off know what they want for christmas, Hint, hint!!

So yesterday we went to the Layton Hills Mall, where their is a Macy's store and we found the big Mail Box and it was so cute that I took my camera and took pictures of the kids infront of it and while putting their letters in the slot. They were so excited!! I remember when I still BELIEVED that santa was real. It is the most exciting moment for a child to BELIEVE that he knows what you want and to know that he comes late at night. I just want my kids to have that experience for a long time and hopefully not find out about the truth until they are much, much older. Now they are already telling me that we need to leave Hot chocolate and cookies for him to snack on when he comes. We did this last year and when they woke up the next morning and saw that the mug was empty and the cookies were gone, they were so surprised because they knew he had come during the night. Those are the most wonderful memories.

I myself had a great childhood because my parents never told me about the Santa thing. I always BELIEVED it was true until I found out for myself when I was 10 or 11 yrs old. I'am getting into the christmas spirit already that I even changed my blog background. Wait until I put my chirstmas music playlist, coming soon!!!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I am excited as well - Sad I can't shop with the girls Black friday, but I put lots of christmas songs on my ipod to listen on my walks to work!

Ariana said...

That is a great idea! I can't believe Kaylee is already losing teeth! Oh, and I tagged you. Go to my blog to find out the details.