THE GUILLEN FAMILY

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Family Night Activity

Yesterday was Monday therefore FHE (family home evening). We planned to go to a strawberry patch that is located very close to our house to pick berries. We arrived and immediatly noticed it was serve service. Jorge and me were talking that people here are so honest and trustworthy even with their own businesses. We also were commenting that if this was Puerto Rico or Venezuela people would just take advantage of this serve service and would take anything they wanted with them and not pay. I think its so sad that our countries are that bad when it comes to crime. Anyway we started to pick the berries and the kids helped and each had their own box and were able to experience this. This idea came to mind because Braden has a Calliou movie were he goes with some friends to a strawberry patch and picks berries and ever since Braden watched the movie he has been asking me to go to a Strawberry Patch.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

What a fun FUN activity!! I would have loved something like that as a kid! It is so great that you make time and have FHE - WAY To go!!

zeebee said...

I love those pick your own fruit farms, I need to put that on my list of things to do with the family!